Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last Priest - LP 12"


I have a boner for Last Priest. These guys blow me away with how good they are. Or were, rather. This is the last record from the San Diego foursome.

Last Priest brings a slightly tighter and heavier sound than their previous incarnation, Find Him And Kill Him, and this LP, which came out in 2006, is so good it's almost upsetting. I mean shit, I named the blog after the first track on the record. It's upsetting in that you want more from a band that was clearly on top of their game and you're not going to get it. Unfortunately they were around for such a short period of time (2004-2006) and only put out three releases - a two track 7", a four track EP and this seven track LP - so we'll have to enjoy what little of them is available. I'll post those other releases later.

Brian Hill (The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower, An Arrow In Flight, Soft Pack) took over the drumming duties later on in the band's timeline but still in time to help write/record this LP.

I would list some personal stand out tracks but I'd be naming six out of the seven so what's the point? Listen to it for yourself and decide.

Download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment